Back in Focus - STXOSV
1. STX OSV (Offshore support vehicles)
STXOSV shares slid in Nov after reporting dismal quarterly results. Share prices were then hit again by news of a buyout by Fincantieri mopping up their shares at $1.22/pc and will be making a cash offer for the rest of the shares. However, last week STXOSV reported securing 3 new contracts for OSCVs illustrating a positive outlook for the OSV market in Europe.
- Large white candlestick last week that erased a 2 week-loss. Trade volumes was almost twice higher than the average for the last 3 weeks of trading.
- MACD - is recovering with decreasing negative divergence.
- RSI (25w) - is rebounding off ~45% and heading towards 50%. Note that the RSI is at a 1 year low.
- Long with TP - $1.50 (16% from current levels) expected in 4-5 weeks. Buying pressure seems to be coming back with the stock scheduled to also report their quarterly results on the 26 Feb. Seems like traders have been repositioning and accumulating for the last 2-3 weeks, stemming the stock price decline. On the back of good contract win news, this buying momentum should be good for this coming week and possibly after the next on good earnings.